Monday, June 3, 2013

Inventory, Organize & Search Your Book Collection: Books App 2

Well, the good news is I found a way to finally inventory the books I've bought for my classroom.  And...the bad news is I found a way to inventory all of the books I've bought for my classroom.  I'm loving Books App 2.   My friend, Carolyn, told us about it awhile ago, but I haven't had time to play with it.  Today, as I was beginning to put books back on my shelf, I thought it might be a good idea to finally inventory my personal collection.  I downloaded the FREE version and got started.

It was easy to use Books App 2.  In most cases, I was able to scan the bar code and the book automatically entered into the list with important information like publisher, author, and topic.  In addition to scanning the bar code, you can look books up by title or add them by taking a picture.

This evening when I got home I started to organize them into collections so I could easily refer to my lists.  It's like having my classroom bookshelf right at home!  So the good news is for the first time I'll have an inventory of the books I've bought for my classroom in case anything would happen.  The bad news is I found a way to inventory all of the books I have purchased and now realize how much money I have spent over the last twenty-something years.  Oh goodness!


5 comments:

  1. I'm going to check this out .... however, I agree. It will be a double edged sword! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to find an app I can use to check books in and out of my classroom library, does this also work for that, or no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole,
      The app says it can keep track of books loans. I know you could make a collection of "loaned" books and use the edit button to place books in the collection that were out. I have a feeling there is a much easier way, but I haven't figured it out yet. There might be more information at http://www.books-app.com.

      Cathy

      Delete
    2. Thanks Cathy. I know there must be something out there. I'm certainly all about ease, for myself and my students!

      Delete
  3. I have a feeling you will be quite busy with this new app. I too was thinking about attempting this project. I have to look up what Donalyn suggested during Lit Connection. I am worried you will be sharing hidden treasures as you discover them and add to my shopping cart.

    ReplyDelete