The event began in 2010 (more 10s) after Mandy Robek at Enjoy and Embrace Learning and I had been bantering about picture books we couldn't live without in our classroom. We decided we wanted to see what others would want to have in their classrooms if they had to choose ten books they just couldn't live without. We had so much fun in 2010 more people joined us in 2011. Here we are in 2012. I happen to know a few people who have been putting together their lists for quite some time. After all, narrowing to ten isn't an easy task for an addict.
The lists have become the perfect resource for building a classroom library, filling your library book bag, or buying books for gifts. Lists from librarians, parents, teachers, and picture book fanatics are a part of our collections.
We are hoping you will join us.
- Contact Us: Contact us on our blogs, on Twitter (@mandyrobek or @cathymere), or by e-mail to let us know you are joining this event. This way we can try to be sure we don't miss anyone on the day of the event.
- Grab a Badge: Add the Picture Book 10 for 10 Badge to your blog.
- Choose your favorites: All you need to do is choose ten picture books you cannot live without for whatever reason. Believe me, that's not as easy as it sounds. Here are some tips that might help (Choosing Picture Books and More About Choosing Picture Books).
- Write Your August 10th Post: Write a post telling us about the 10 books you cannot live without. Share your post on August 10th and link it here or at Enjoy and Embrace Learning.
- No Blog? No Problem: If you don't have a blog this might be the perfect time to start one --- or you can find alternate ways to participate here. Mandy and I are not huge rule followers so feel free to adjust as needed.
- We do the rest: Then Mandy and I will link your post to the other posts in a Jog for 2012. (Exercise without leaving our couches.)
Pass the news along to your friends and join us August 10th for a virtual picture book party! Start saving your money now. On the day of the event - August 10th - we will be linking all the "must have" posts. Can't wait!!