If you're new to the event, we're glad you will be joining us.
Here's how you can participate:
- Grab a Badge (just copy the URL address of the one above or take a screenshot)
- Join the #pb10for10 Google Community
- Choose Your Favorites: All you need to do is choose ten picture books you cannot live without for whatever reason. In the first days of this event, everyone shared their ten very favorite titles. This still works. You will notice, however, that many past participants choose some type of theme to determine their selections. We'll leave this up to you.
- Narrow Your List to Ten: It isn't easy, is it? We've seen some crafty ways to get around that number.
- Write Your August 10th Post: Write a post about the ten books you cannot live without. Share your post on August 10th and link it to the Picture Book 10 for 10 Community.
- No Blog? No Problem: If you don't have a blog, this might be the perfect time to start one --- or there are a million digital ways to join (see post below). Of course, now with the Google Community it is quite easy to just post your favorites directly into the community without a blog. We will also be tweeting from the #pb10for10 hashtag.
- Comment: On August 10th (and maybe for a week --- there are a lot of posts) take some time to read posts from other participants. Please comment on at least three.
Pull out your library cards, load up your Amazon accounts, or better yet - plan a trip to your local bookstore on August 11th because you're going to be unable to resist checking out (or purchasing) a few new picture books. We hope to see you on the 10th!
A Few Historical and Informational Posts:
- Mandy's Picture Book 10 for 10 Announcement
- The story of how Picture Book 10 for 10 got started
- Choosing Picture Books
- So You Don't Have a Blog: 10 Ways to Still Join #pb10for10 Event (now add direct posting to Google Community...let me +1 that...ha ha)
- Nerdy Book Club: Picture Book Addict? Join Us
- What happened to the old archives? (or Jog the Web shut down)
- Can You Help? Rebuilding Our Picture Book 10 for 10 Archives A must read for past participants
- Find out about our Nonfiction Picture Book Event (each February)