My response includes a few key points from the chapter and an attempt to work through the tools in thinking about supporting students in the study of structures for writing.
Like many participants I wanted to try some new digital tools during this virtual chat. For this response, I chose Flowvella and then put the presentation into Explain Everything. On a side note, I attempt to work through the charts/notebook/progression/bookmarks. I would likely have charts/notebooks/progressions as digital and thought the chart and notebook page would help a student select a strategy which would then be written on a post-it for the student to try.
More About July's #cyberPD Event
Participants post weekly reflections in the Google Community.
Our Book Talk Schedule:
- Week of July 3rd: Ch 1&2 Bonus
- Week of July 10th: Ch 3&4 Week of
- July 17th: Ch 5&6
Our Twitter Chat Schedule
- Thursday, July 7th at 10 AM EST: Ch 1&2 Bonus
- Thursday, July 14 at 10 AM EST: Ch 3&4
- Thursday, July 21 at 10 AM EST: Ch 5&6
- Final chat week of July 24th (time and date TBA)