(Directions to join are at the bottom of this post.)
10 Nonfiction Picture Books
In previous nonfiction events, I've shared:
This year, I'm going to share 10 hybrid texts I love. I've often called narrative texts that weave in information, literary nonfiction. More and more I see the term "hybrid text" being used to talk about books that weave narrative and nonfiction. I might be going a bit too far in my collection as I'm going to also include poetry that has information woven within its pages. I'm thinking this works as well, but it is certainly up for debate.
Ten hybrid texts I can't live without:
Want to join the conversation? Visit Mandy's blog, Enjoy and Embrace Learning, to add your nonfiction link to the conversation. This is different than in the past as we have been hosting on Google Plus, but Google Plus is shutting down.
- What: 10 nonfiction picture books you can't live without.
- Hashtag: #nf10for10
- Hosts: @mandyrobek (Enjoy and Embrace Learning), @jacbalen (Connecting to Learn), @cathymere (you're here)
- Who: Anyone interested --- educators, media specialists, librarians, parents, and book lovers.
- When: Sunday, February 10th (TODAY!)
- Where: All posts for 2019 will be linked to Mandy's blog: Enjoy and Embrace Learning