It was then that I realized I had my online learning planned for the summer, but had not really thought much about my professional reading.
Without hesitation I knew I wanted to:
- Attend #rscon3
- Learn more about Edmondo (this link may help), Animoto, and LiveBinders
- Catch up on a few Nings: Educator's PLN and English Companion
- Read blogs and comment on at least 3 each day
- Get posting back to once a week
- Participate in Poetry Friday
- Of course, more learning conversations on Twitter
But what about professional reading? Usually there's a stack of books waiting for me to read, but I hadn't really formed a plan. What has happened? I knew I wanted to reread Patrick Allen's, Conferring, but what other books should I read? I put the question out to my colleagues on Twitter and got this response from @Komos72.
I thought this picture was inspiring....so I made my list.
Summer Professional Reading Rereads
|Conferring, Patrick Allen|
|Choice Words, Peter Johnston|
Summer Professional New Reads
|The Castle in the Classroom, Rana Bhattacharyya|
|First Grade Readers, Stephanie Parson|
|Engaging the Eye Generation, Johanna Riddle|
|Creating Lifelong Readers Through Independent Reading, Moss and Young|
|Already Ready, Ray and Glover|
|Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics, Van de Walle and Lovin|
Please comment to tell what are you reading and learning this summer.