Saturday, May 20, 2017

Let's Get This Started #cyberPD: Share Your Stack

As the calendar nears summer, I'm starting to think about my professional learning plan.  Summer is the perfect time to catch up on reading, collaborate with others, and change course for the upcoming school year.  Of course, summer also means #cyberPD.  This event is always at the top of my summer learning list.  This year will be our seventh year of learning together as a community.

Each summer the #cyberPD community chooses a professional book to read and discuss in the month of July.  The event has certainly grown since its first year which began with less than fifteen people, but the community has remained collaborative.  You can join the conversation and see past years' discussions in our #cyberPD Google Community.  Here are the books selected since 2011: 
Share Your Stack
The first thing we need to do is choose our book.  

To help do this, we are asking the #cyberPD to share their book stacks.  Before May ends, please share the professional books you hope to read this summer.  Participants can share their stacks using the Twitter hashtag #cyberPD and post in our #cyberPD community under the "share your book stack" tab.  Michelle and I will then take a look at the stacks and choose one title to be discussed by the community in July.  The selection announcement will be made June 3rd!

Let's get this started!!

Here's my stack of professional reading....





SaveSaveSaveSave

4 comments:

  1. Uh oh I don't have any of these YET.....excited to learn along with everyone this summer. Thank you for organizing #cybePD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to sharing my stack today! Adding a few of the titles above to my stack too! This is my favorite summer PD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...#CyberPD. One of the BEST things about summer. Just ordered two that were in my Amazon cart. Post to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy Write is sitting on my floor, waiting for me. I'm excited to get into it.

    ReplyDelete