Laura Komos, Michelle Nero, and I are looking forward to discussing this book with the #cyberPD community. Everyone is welcome! Digital Reading: What's Essential can be purchased through NCTE. Each year the selected professional book is divided into three sections for discussion. Participants read, share and connect with one another across the event. The event is wrapped up in a final Twitter chat. We're excited to announce that the authors will be joining us for this final chat on Tuesday, July 28th at 8 p.m. EST.
In five years the #cyberPD community has grown from less than 15 participants to over 100. The strength of this event has always been in the community. There's something about reading a book, sharing your thinking, and then responding to others participating. Seeing the thinking from the perspectives of others and growing these conversations pushes the learning exponentially.
In the past, the discussion has moved across blogs. Having a blog was essential in having a space to share your thinking, but our move to a Google Community has opened the door for participants to respond directly on the community page.
July's Professional Book Chat: #cyberPD
- Week of July 6th: Read Chapter 1 & 2, digital response by 7/9
- Week of July 13th: Read Chapters 3-5, digital response by 7/16
- Week of July 23rd: Read Chapters 6 & 7, digital response by 7/23
- Final Twitter Chat with authors Franki Sibberson & Bill Bass: Tuesday, July 28th at 8 p.m. EST
How to Participate
- Join the #cyberPD Google Community to connect and receive updates
- Read the selected chapters each week
- Respond digitally to each section by the Thursday of the assigned week
- Thursday - Saturday take time to reply on at least 3 participant responses
Ways to Respond
- Respond on your blog and link your post to the Google Community or
- Post your thinking directly in the #cyberPD Community or
- Create a digital response and post it in the Google Community
- You can also share thoughts on Twitter using the hashtag #cyberPD