Saturday, May 30, 2015

The 2015 #cyberPD Book Is....

Laura Komos, Michelle Nero, and I are more than a little excited to announce this year's #cyberPD title.  It's never easy to choose a title, and this year was no exception.   Our stacks are filled with professional reading we hope to do across the summer.  The stacks shared by participants in the #cyberPD Google Community made it even harder for us to decide.  So many possibilities.

We are beyond excited to announce that this year's #cyberPD title will be Digital Reading:  What's Essential by Franki Sibberson and Bill Bass.  There's always a title we really want to discuss with other readers to learn more about a topic and Digital Reading seemed perfect for conversation.  We know we will learn much from the authors, as well as the participants in our community, in thinking more about digital reading in our learning communities.

We wanted everyone to have time to get their copies ordered before our July conversation.  The book can be ordered through NCTE.  The title is available in book and eReader formats.  I purchased the eReader version and was happy to see it merge nicely into my Kindle app.

In the coming days - as our end of year busyness slows - we will be sharing more details about this July event.  We hope you'll join us!

You can find out more about #cyberPD here, here, and join here.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds great, Cathy. I'll be sure to order so I can start reading, after this next final week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my first summer PD read and I devoured it in a DAY! I would love to join in the conversations about this book! I LOVED IT!

    ReplyDelete