Sunday, April 20, 2014

If Not for Franki….

There's a rumor floating around the blogosphere that today is Franki Sibberson's birthday.  What?  Franki's birthday.  Not just any birthday either ---- one of those big fun crazy ones.  What better time to take a moment to ponder:  if not for Franki….

I'm always amazed by Franki:  her energy, her advocacy, her friendship.  I'm always amazed by the way she brings a community together and knows just what each person has to offer.  If Franki says, "You should…," you better watch out!  I'm always amazed by all she accomplishes in just ONE day, let alone a week, a month or a year.  In these times when education can be tough and staying focused on children seems a challenge, Franki continues to push forward in a positive way.  She's always searching for the better way, but she always keeps children and literacy first.

Today, on her birthday, it seemed only right to honor her by trying a "new to me" application (Thanks, Linda Baie).  Today I honor, Franki, with a little Haiku Deck tribute.

Thank you, Franki.  You really will never know the impact you have had on me.

Cathy




Created with Haiku Deck, the free presentation app




7 comments:

  1. So many people have been moved from silence to action by Franki! (Be sure you come link your post in when you get a chance!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your words, Cathy, a wonderful birthday "deck" for Franki. I think I'm going to have to meet her! Maybe at All-Write? Now I need to figure out how you got the 'deck' to be smaller in your space-always a question, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my off to explore another amazing presentation tool. Thanks for creating and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "From silence to action..." Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect. Digital literacy on HER day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, you taught me something new--I have to try Haiku deck soon. You ALWAYS do that to me! Thanks so much and thanks for continued #carpd ever since that Michigan drive so long ago! And so glad you wrote that book-brilliant:-)

    ReplyDelete