Nonfiction Event #nf10for10
It's that time of year again! Time for our nonfiction picture book event. Yes, on Wednesday, February 19th, we'll round up posts of your 10 favorite nonfiction picture books. We're hoping you'll join us. We know many regular nonfiction picture book bloggers are joining the fun as the event falls on their regular posting day (#nfpb2014).
No Blog, No Problem
But what if you don't have a blog? In today's world of tools there are many ways you can participate in this evening even if you don't have a blog.
A few suggestions:
- Start a blog (or resurrect an old one): You know you've been thinking about it and this is the perfect time to get started.
- Comment on one of our blogs: You can leave a comment with your favorite nonfiction books on Write at the Edge, Enjoy and Embrace Learning or Reflect & Refine: Building a Learning Community (or any other participating blog).
- Tweet your favorites: If you have a Twitter account you can tweet your favorites using the hashtag #nf10for10 on the day of the event (Wednesday, February 19th).
- Pin it on Pinterest: Make a #nf10for10 board and pin away.
- Make a SMORE: You can create beautiful digital pamphlets with Smore. Susan Dee introduced me to Smore some time ago. I'm always finding new ways to use it.
- Try Corkulous: Ever since I read Katherine Hale's post about Corkulous (thanks, Franki), I've been wanting to play with this.
- Join Posterous*: Posterous has a simple format that will allow you to share your books, and other thoughts, quickly.
- Attach your list to your Wiki*: If you already have a wiki, just put your list there.
- Make a Glog*: Sure, why not.
- Use Padlet* for your favorites: Build a wall with each of your favorite 10 books and easily create links to books.
- Create a Google.doc: Just type your list in a Google.doc and publish it to the web.
- Surprise us!: Oh, I love surprises and there are probably a million more ways to publish your list. How fun is that??
We hope we'll see you Wednesday!