It only seems fitting that the two people who started me on this crazy adventure would nominate me. Thanks to both of you for the nomination and all of the learning I've found on the internet. I am a much better educator, learner, and collaborator thanks to you both.
After accepting this honor there are some things we are requested to do:
1. Thank the person (people) who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
2. Share 7 things about you.
3. Pass this award along to 15 other blogs that you have discovered.
So, here are 7 things about me:
- I have a Twitter addiction.
- I started this blog when I found 140 characters on Twitter just wasn't enough to talk about education and literacy.
- This is my 23rd year of teaching. I've taught grades kindergarten through 6th and worked as a Reading Recovery teacher and literacy coach.
- Having visitors to my classroom makes me a nervous wreck --- even after 23 years.
- I love new picture books and chocolate (yes, I know that is technically 2 things)!
- This really isn't a very versatile blog, I blog mostly about children, learning, literacy, technology, picture books, and building classroom communities (of course, you will find an occasional politically motivated rant).
- This blog collaborates with Enjoy and Embrace Learning each August 10th to host the August 10 for 10 Picture Book Event. (next year will be year 3!)
Here are 15 blogs I would like to recognize (it's not hard to think of 15 blogs):
- Barbara at Love to Teach Reading and Writing
- Gail at Mrs. Poulin's Blog
- Jen at Elementary, My Dear, or Far From It
- Jennifer at A Work in Progress
- Jackie at Ready, Set, Read!
- Jill at My Primary Passion
- Kassia at Math Exchanges
- Katie & Pat at Catching Readers
- Laura at Our Camp Read-A-Lot
- Lyssa at My Mommy Reads
- Lori at Lori's Lessons
- Michelle at Literacy Learning Zone
- Scott at Brick by Brick
- Sylvia at Ele'Mentor
- Tammy at Apples with Many Seeds
That was a fun challenge and walk through many blogs I love to read. I must say, however, I think I could have finished that post that has been hanging over my head in that time. :o)