Please note: You're in the right place. Today's Picture Book 10 for 10 event will be linked here at Reflect and Refine. You will find directions to post with the community in the "Joining Today" section of this post.
Thankfully, across the years, many other educators, librarians, parents, and picture book lovers have joined this event to share their favorites. I always find it to be the perfect way to get pumped for a new school year.
Without further ado, let's get this party started. First I'll share the particulars for joining. You'll find my list at the end of this post.
Let the games begin!
- Choose Your 10 Favorites: All you need to do is choose ten picture books you just can't live without for any reason. In the first days of this event, everyone shared their ten very favorite titles. This still works. You will notice, however, that many past participants choose some type of theme or thread to connect their selections (and many of them find ways to slip in extra titles - they're professional). We'll leave this up to you.
- Write Your August 10th Post: Write a post about the ten books you cannot live without.
- No Blog? No Problem: If you don't have a blog, this might be the perfect time to start one --- or there are a million digital ways to join. You could post from a Google page, create a S'more, make a Padlet, share in Twitter (and copy the Tweet link to the host blog), or any other creative idea you may be considering. We will also be tweeting from the #pb10for10 hashtag.
- Link Your Selections: Please share your links HERE in the comments at the bottom of this celebration post. (Share them on Twitter too at #pb10for10.) This allows an easy to access archive to be maintained of everyone's selections.
- Find Other Participants: You will find the links to other 2021 collections in the comments of today's host blog.
- Connect & Comment: Take some time to read posts from other participants. We hope you will comment on at least three. Share the love!