Saturday, June 2, 2018

Drumroll Please: The July #cyberPD Professional Read Is....

Today's the big reveal.

Honestly, I'm surprised Michelle and I were able to select a book from everyone's stack as quickly as we did.  Afterall, there are so many amazing professional books out right now.  My summer stack is tall and, by the look of everyone else's stacks, many #cyberPD community members have some tall stacks too.  Interestingly, there was one book that showed up often.  One book that seemed to stand out as a good match for the current times.  When Michelle said to me, "I think it's the book that will really stretch us."  I knew she was right.

As we talked, we felt this book was also a good match for educators across grade levels and content areas.  As we talked, we reflected on the books that have seemed to have had the greatest impact on our community; it seems it has always been the books that take us a bit out of our comfort zone.  With the world being the tricky place that it is right now, we hope our community members will agree that this is the right time for this book.

So...you're asking...what's the book?

You're thinking....get on with it already!

You're right.  I'm taking much too long to share the good news with you.  For this year's #cyberPD community booktalk, we'll be reading Being the Change:  Lessons and Strategies to Teach Social Comprehension by Sara K. Ahmed.


If you've joined us before, you know you have a bit of time to purchase your book.  The book, as always, is divided into three parts for our reading, reflection, and conversation.  If you haven't joined us before, we hope you will.  Stop by our Google Community to be a part of this summer learning experience.


If you have questions, please feel free to reach out to Michelle Nero (@litlearningzone) or me (@cathymere).  We're happy to answer any questions you may have.

Looking forward to our July conversation.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, this is the book we need right now! I think we will have some powerful conversations that will change the way we have conversations with kids! I am beyond excited for this July! High-fives!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! This book is sitting on my desk at home. Looking forward to reading it and having a fabulous discussion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about this choice. I never posted my stack, but this one was at the top. Thanks for your thoughtful consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! This will really stretch my thinking in new ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't be happier about this choice! I am so glad you picked a book for its "stretch value" and I think this will be such a terrific title to discuss together. I am looking forward to all the great conversations and learning!

    ReplyDelete